The Sakal Media Group publishes 5 regional news dailies including India’s first and only agriculture daily. The group also publishes 2 Marathi weeklies reaching a readership of over 6 million readers with our publications.
The various publications of the Sakal Media Group are:
- Sakal – The flagship product of the Sakal Media Group, Sakal started out as a 4-page daily in 1932 and has today metamorphosed into the voice of the entire state of Maharashtra, making it one of the top read regional dailies in India.
- Sakaal Times – The sakaal Times is Pune’s oldest English daily and was relaunched in its new avatar in 2004. It is a family centric daily with a balanced coverage.
- Gomantak Times – Gomanatak and Gomantak Times are dailies from the Sakal Media Group published for the State of Goa. Having made a strong connection with their readers, both publications top the readership charts of the state.
- Agrowon – Agrowon is the first agriculture daily worldwide. Launched with an objective of making farmers globally competitive, Agrowon equips farmers with factual information as well as latest technology in the field of agriculture. The popularity of Agrowon is evident from the fact that the newspaper achieved a readership of 1 million within the first 12 months of being launched itself.
- India & Global Affairs: IGA aims to be a the preferred platform for personalities all over the world to express their opinions, raise and discuss global issues, and come together to give the world a better future. Its readers represent people who hold titles of CEOs, Presidents, Chairmans and the likes. IGA surpasses geographic, language and cultural barriers to reach out to decision makers across the globe.
- Saptahik Sakal: The highest circulated Marathi weekly in the state, Saptahik Sakal features an array of topics ranging from careers, finance, health, shopping to relationships and beauty.
- Tanishka: Tanishka is a magazine that focuses on the modern woman, addressing issues that are close to her heart with health, fitness, career guidance, beauty, fashion, cookery, parenting are some of them. Experts and intellectuals from diverse fields contribute to Tanishka, giving it quality content for immensely enjoyable reading.
- A2Z: The first ever such initiative by any newspaper group, A2Z is Sakal’s weekly Yellow Pages. Sakal also came up with variants like the A2Z Daily, Monthly, Quarterly as well as Yearly.
- Sakal Pattern: An educational weekly intended for students of Classes VIII, IX and X, Sakal Pattern is a self-learning guidance booklet that is published through the academic year. It’s clarity and simplicity is what has made it a hit among students. The publication is available for students from English, semi-English as well as Marathi medium schools.
Books & Other Publications
B&P is a division that caters to book publishing. Most of the published books are a compilation of exceptionally good articles published in Sakal group publications. Some of our publications are:
- Vaatchaal: A journey of a young man who gave a helping hand while he was still chalking out his own journey.
- Timeless Inspirator: 45 iconic achievers have voiced their views on how Mahatma Gandhi’s principles, wisdom and values are relevant in today’s challenging times. Authors include Narayana Murthy, Rama Bijapurkar, Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Kiran Bedi, Mallika Sarabhai, Ela Bhatt, Anil Gupta, Abhay Bhang, M.S. Swaminathan, Mark Tully, Naina Lal Kidwai, Vijay Bhatkar, Anil Kakodkar among others.
- Garbhsanskar: It is about the Ayurvedic way to achieve feminine balance so a woman can conceive and give birth to a healthy and intellectual child. It comprises of a complete guide on nutrition, yoga, wellness and spiritual life for before pregnancy until the child is 2-3 years old.
- Chakra Sudarshan. Dr. Shri Balaji Tambe: The book talks about achieving a balance between the body and mind through the balance of pandachakras. It involves yoga, a healthy diet and good health.
- Mantra Arogyacha. Dr. Shri Balaji Tambe: It explains the ancient knowledge of Ayurveda in an easy and informative way to achieve good health.
- Mantra Jivanacha. Dr. Shri Balaji Tambe: It talks about the riches of life and virtues as has always been practiced in the Indian culture.
- Ayurved Uwach Part 1 & 2. Dr. Balaji Tambe: Ayurveda explained in a simple language so the reader can make use of it in daily living. The book offers household remedies for common diseases and recipes for good health.
- Shriram Vishwapanchaytan. Dr. Balaji Tambe (Marathi): The book gives us the knowledge from instances quoted in Ramayan for use in our daily lives.
- Shir Gitayog. Shodh Brahmavidyecha – Adhyay Dusra (Marathi): Bhagwad Gita made easy.
- Family Doctor. Edited by Dr. Balaji Tambe (Marathi): Contributions by renowned experts on various disease and their treatments in Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Modern Medicine.
- Shardabai Govindrao Pawar (Marathi): An inspiring story of Shardabai Govindrao Pawar, the mother of Shri Sharad Pawar and Shri Pratap Pawar.
- Avkashzep. Suresh naik (Marathi): An interesting account of space travel by an eminent space scientist.
- USA Calling. Madhukar Mazire: The author shares his experience and knowledge with those who want to go work in the USA.
- Career Planning (Marathi): Career opportunities and expert guidance in various fields.
- Investments in Mutual Fund. Arvind Paranjpe (Marathi): A guide on mutual fund investments and intelligent financial planning.
- My Construction Practices (Economical Edition): A book on ideal construction practices from concept to completion. The book is meant for new entrants in the field of construction like civil engineers, contractors, architects, students and individuals building their home or buying new one.
- Dhing Tang: It contains interesting caricatures and satirical comments on political events that have appeared in Sakal over a period of time.
- Sanskruti: It delves deep into the Indian culture and especially focuses on Indian festivals, explaining signs, symbols, rituals and traditions associated with them.
- Aarogya Sarvansathi: Eminent expert Dr. Sardesai explains how one can achieve physical well-being through psychological and spiritual well-being.